BOSTON – State Senator Benjamin B. Downing (D- Pittsfield) announces that the House of Representatives and Senate have given their final approval to a $12.7 billion Transportation Bond Bill (T-bond). This long-term borrowing bill for transportation-related capital projects is now on the Governor’s desk.
Downing worked with his House colleagues to secure the authorization of more than $23.7 million for local projects in this T-bond, including:
· $6.5 million for the reconstruction of East River Road in Chester;
· $6 million for the replacement of a parking garage in downtown Pittsfield;
· $5 million for the reconstruction of the Hubbard Avenue overpass in Pittsfield;
· $1.75 million for roadway and utility improvements on Thiel Road in Adams;
· $1.5 million for the repair of the Brown Street Bridge in North Adams;
· $1 million for the repair of the Route 7 Bridge in Great Barrington;
· $900,000 for the reconstruction of Route 112 in Cummington;
· $500,000 for replacement of deficient bridges in New Marlborough;
· $350,000 for the relining and repair of a culvert on Northwest Road in Westhampton;
· $175,000 for the Berkshire Scenic Railway; and
· $30,000 for a feasibility study of a Mill River Greenway in Williamsburg.
The bill also funds the Chapter 90 local road and bridge repair program for Fiscal Year 2015 at $300 million.
The Governor has ten days to review and act on the legislation.